Friday 16 October 2009

Starship From The Planet Fungi


Picked some more mushrooms this morning.

Further up the yard drive I found this fascinating fungi.  Its delicate but incredibly structured form is amazing.  About 30mm in diameter, it is almost translucent and quite alien in appearance.

The Childrens Mother and I ate yesterdays mushrooms for lunch and delicious they were too.















 

 Later, at the cottage I bumped into these two ladies in ernest conversation

"Don't talk to me about the 'Credit Crunch' dear, Have you seen the price of eggs at Waitrose?) !!!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mushroom. It doesn't look edible ... is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is so delicate. Will have to check to see if it is edible, I suspect that it isn't. It seems that most fungi are edible, trouble is that the ones that aren't, kill you!! At least in France you can ask at the pharmacy.It's a bit more random here.....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's SO pretty....I bet it's deadly, don't risk it! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps.....the 'word verification' I just had to type in was egglyc, which was apt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fine fungus indeed - and a pair of fine hens too... Have a gret weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous fungi shot. Like the chickens too. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete