Friday 20 November 2009

Blessings to Count?

After a week of wingeing about the rain here in Northumberland, perhaps it is time to think about the poor souls in The Lake District.

I know Keswick very well and Cockermouth and Kendal reasonably so.  The conditions over there must be dreadful.  We can only speculate as to how the family of the drowned policeman are coping with their personal tragedy.



Yet more rain here this morning, the clouds sweeping over from the West and the Cumberland Fells.

My day was brightened not only by this rainbow but by meeting my cousin, his wife and one of his daughters for lunch.  We only seem to meet up every few years so it was good to catch up.  They are off to a 'Yes' concert in Newcastle tonight before heading back to Manchester over the weekend.

Remember 'Yes'? now that is going back rather too many years, to my days at college!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember Yes. Unfortunately.Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I.....also unfortunately! Virtually no rain at all in Newcastle (brief shower about 11am ish, what a difference a few miles makes! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am unfortunate enough to remember Yes. What a beautiful shot. The perpetual rain is so tiring though we're fortunate here that there has been no catastrophic flooding too.

    ReplyDelete