Thursday 26 November 2009

Little Angels?

Oh, about eight or ten years ago, I used to travel to Slovenia quite often.

The manager of the hotel I stayed at, (an old friend of the then family),  used to give us bottles of alcohol as a gift. This stuff was a form of Slivovica made by his butcher! (It was always referred to as "Janis's Fluid!) God only knows what he put in it but it tasted as if scraped his shop floor, poured in a quantity of neat alcohol and left for an indeterminate period! Definitely an acquired taste but out of three households I was the only person who would not only drink it but enjoy it too,  not too great a stain on my good  character I hope?

The work of the devil produced by an angel!!!

I was reminded of this the other day when The Children's Mother's son produced a bottle of vodka and invited me to partake of a tooth-full.

"Cheers" said I "Just the one, to be social you understand!)

"That's all your getting!"  We (I forgot to mention his friend in this) just want to make some room in the bottle"

Turns out that the plan was to then top the bottle up with Skittles, of all things, and let it brew.  My protests about the waste of a finite resource (the vodka) were met by blank gazes and the Skittles were tipped in.

Well, a couple of days ago the concoction was pronounced almost fit to sample, would I like a taste.

Two days on, the fact that I am able to sit here and write this testifies that I live on, minus a few more of my limited brain cells.

The work of Angels, produced by Little Devils...!





(ps, I noticed tonight that they haven't tried it yet!!!)

4 comments:

  1. LOL! That looks and sounds utterly revolting. I'm having great difficulty imagining how it must taste. I'm going to stop trying to imagine that now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put a lot of things in vodka, but never ever Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what Skittles are, but this looks noxious and terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. It definitely does look scary! I wonder what gin and skittles would taste like?

    ReplyDelete