Wednesday 24 February 2010

Severe Weather Warning?

The Met Office is at it again!

We went to bed last night with the threat of another severe weather warning.  Opening the curtains this morning confirmed our doubts, not a thing!  Up at the cottage there was granted, an inch of snow but how on earth does the Met Office justify the huge sums of money it costs us every year?






































Up at the cottage, the damp atmosphere down by the burn encourages lots of lichen to grow on the old thorns.  I have looked at it loads of times but today I saw the picture.

The Children's Mother keeps telling me what this little plant is, and I keep forgetting!

I have been watching the Women's Ice Dancing at the Olympics as I am writing this.  Some wonderful routines, one in particular, a Canadian girl whose Mother tragically died of a heart attack a couple of days ago, danced beautifully.

Now that takes guts!

3 comments:

  1. cool - love the top pic - a sleety blizard here all blowing past horizontally

    ReplyDelete
  2. your lichen photo is wonderful.
    I have not seen any of the Olympics, I sense i am missing some wonderful events!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top pic. I don't follow the Olympics but to be performing there and hear that your mother had died suddenly... My heart goes out to the girl.

    ReplyDelete