Thursday 9 September 2010

Tripod Required!

Today was the day, that overgrown hedge on the drive had to be brought back under control after two years of neglect.

My big hedge cutters had come back from the workshop and were lying there taunting me.

Oh well, out with the ladders and a couple of hours later the job was done.

My shoulders are now numb, how on earth did I manage to cut hedges for eight hours a day in the ever distant past, day after day?  All I could do later was to wander round the garden and take pictures of some of the plants.


Some Quercus or other! (Well it is The Children's Mother's Birthday so I won't belabour the fact that she can't remember!)



Geranium 



One glass of Birthday Malt and now her brain has gone completely....!



Nigella


I better go back to landscapes tomorrow!!

5 comments:

  1. I really like the colours in the "some Quercus or other" photograph. I guess autumn's on its way. *sigh*

    Hope the Children's Mother's head is ok this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nigella isn't looking quite as pretty as she was the last time I saw her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one of the Nigella. Is that the same as Love-in-a-Mist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shot of Nigella is stunning Jon. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy to get distracted when you have a photographers eye! Lovely shots...seed pods can be out of this world!

    ReplyDelete