Saturday 24 April 2010

Chinese Gate

The Children's Mother and I had a flying visit to Newcastle this afternoon, mainly to buy a new zoom lens for the Nikon as the old one keeps jamming.

We looked in a couple of places but found just what we were looking for in Jacobs, a wonderful shop with very helpful staff.  We settled for a Sigma 70/300 macro, so far so good.  Yesterday I finally gave up on the Olympus compact which was bought for my birthday, it was almost certainly faulty and no matter what I did with it it was a real problem.  I had a chance to play with a Samsung this morning and was so impressed with it that we bought one, a bit like the Remington shaver ad!  I have only had time to take o couple of shots but it is looking very promising.

While we were in Town we walked round to see the gateway into China Town.
















I had never see the gate or this section of the old City Wall before, I am not sure that it is what I expected but it was interesting to see.

Perhaps I will have some shots with the new lens and or Samsung tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've got the camera problem sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an impressive gate! Jacobs here in Edinburgh is also a great shop with very helpful staff. It's very easy to buy stuff there... Enjoy your new lens and camera :-)

    ReplyDelete